Holiday Gift Ideas
- ”Shh…there’s wine in here” Travel Coffee Mug $15 in TWC Shop
- Signed copy of The Sipping Point: A Crash Course in Wine $16.95 TWC Shop
- The Wine Coach Wine Club - 2 wines each month, wine tips from Laurie and Recipes from Michael $50/month
- Weird Science: Food & Wine Reactions DVD $24.99 TWC Shop
- Tickets to Oregon Grille Women’s Wine Event on 1/23 $75
- Artisanal Cheese Gifts – gourmet cheese sent to your recipient in a wooden box. Use code CHEESE for 10% off all orders!!
Sips of the Week
Michael Cullison from Wine World in Harford County joined us to share 3 of his favorite AFFORDABLE sparkling wine for the holidays.
Lamarca Prosecco, Veneto, Italy, $15.99
Winemaker’s Notes: La Marca Prosecco is produced from 100% Glera grapes harvested in early September, and sourced from hundreds of small vineyards throughout the region. The grapes were crushed immediately after harvest before being pressed in gentle membrane presses. The juice was allowed to cold-settle before the initial fermentation occurred in stainless steel at 59-65º F. The still wine underwent aging on the lees prior to a secondary fermentation using the Charmat process at a temperature of 59F.
Gruet Blanc De Noirs, New Mexico, USA $16.99
Winemaker’s Notes: The rich and toasty character of our Blanc de Noirs is balanced and superb. Aged for two-year minimum, the palate is developed and shows rich complex flavors. The amazing berries aromas and the creamy texture play a leading role and create a great finesse. Winemaker’s Note: A fine salmon color, aggressive mousse and a lovely fruity wine with plenty of immediate charm and toasty aromas. There is also an explosive juicy flavor of raspberry.
Jaillance Cremant de Bordeaux Brut Rose, France $19.99
Winemaker’s Notes: The wine is cherry-colored with copper highlights. The bubbles form a fine cordon (ring) at the surface. Aroma of raspberries mingles with a subtle woody vanilla scent. The taste is lively and tonic, full and rounded, then culminates in a finale of ripe fruit.
Mark Your Calendar for January 23, 2014 for Laurie’s kickoff event for her Women’s Wine Club at The Oregon Grille in Hunt Valley, MD!
Hire Laurie for your next corporate, client or fundraising event! More info: www.TheWineCoachSpeaks.com
We’ll be back next week for a show with cocktails for New Year’s Eve and more!